Join the fun! We welcome people who would like to make a difference. You can help with in-the-dirt service projects -- like a stream clean-up, a lake-friendly landscaping project, or pulling out infestations of terrestrial invasive species.
Our most involved volunteers serve in our Citizen Science programs. You can read more about that program here. These volunteers learn to monitor wildlife and water quality.
You can also help on committees and in the office.
See some photos from past volunteer events here!
Do you have a group interested in a volunteer service project? We may be able to coordinate with your group to schedule a project.
Have you noticed a stream in the Lake George area that needs cleaning? Let us know and we can schedule a stream cleanup event.
Invasive Species Removal
Garlic mustard, wall lettuce, shrubby honeysuckle and other invasive species are located throughout the watershed and can be removed them from certain areas. Please let us know if you have a group interested in invasive species removal.
You can also:
- Help at the LGA office.
- Organize a trip for your friends on the Floating Classroom.
- Help maintain LGA grounds.
- Host a party to invite new members.
- Help with fundraising events.
- Participate in water quality and invasive species monitoring programs.
- Plant trees and shrubs for restoration projects.
- Share your knowledge and experience as a technical advisor or committee member.
- Research grant opportunities.
Contact us at 668-3558 or by e-mail for more information!