Lake George Volunteer Programs and Service Learning
Join the fun! We welcome people who would like to make a difference. You can help with in-the-dirt service projects -- like a stream clean-up, a lake-friendly landscaping project, or pulling out infestations of terrestrial invasive species.
We also help on committees and in the office.
Do you have a group interested in a volunteer service project? We may be able to coordinate with your group to schedule a project.
Have you noticed a stream within the watershed that needs cleaning? Let us know and we can add it to our list for a volunteer project.
You can also:
- Serve on a committee.
- Help at the LGA office.
- Organize a trip for your friends on the Floating Classroom.
- Help maintain LGA grounds.
- Host a party to invite new members.
- Help with fundraising events.
- Participate in water quality and invasive species monitoring programs.
- Man the LGA display booth at marinas, boat shows, etc.
- Plant trees and shrubs for restoration projects.
- Share your knowledge and experience as a technical advisor or committee member.
- Research grant opportunities.
Contact us at 668-3558 or by e-mail for more information!