Whether you live on or near the Lake, make your living from its beauty, or visit every chance you get, Lake George is there for us, in ways large and small, every single day.
Now, as mounting water quality threats from stormwater runoff, faulty septic systems, winter road salt, and invasive species pose unprecedented peril to the Lake’s long-term health, it’s more important than ever that we’re there for Lake George.
Please join us by becoming a Lake Protector in two essential ways:
Support the LGA’s Lake Protection Programs
With your generous support, the LGA will accelerate and expand our world-leading science-guided protection and education programs to:
- Identify the causes and find solutions to prevent harmful algal blooms;
- Prevent and contain the spread of invasive species including the Hemlock Woolly Adelgid (HWA);
- Upgrade public and private wastewater treatment and stormwater controls;
- Expand and enhance road salt reduction;
- Develop and advance our new Education for Action initiative; and
- Advocate for new public policies that protect water quality.
Take Action at Your Home or Business
If you own property in the Lake George Basin, you have a vital role to play in protecting the Lake’s water quality. Create an account and request your Personal Protection Plan that identifies the most serious water quality threats where you live and the actions needed to help keep the Lake clear and clean for future generations. We’ll work with you to take the next steps. Create your account after donating below or start now.