Congratulations to our partner municipalities for the awards announced today in Albany at the Regional Economic Development Council ceremony:
- Town of Bolton: $600,000 for Rogers Memorial Park Waterfront Sustainability improvements – something your LGA is supporting with money toward the grant’s local match requirement.
- Town of Bolton: $1,000,000 for improvements to the Town’s wastewater treatment process, reducing the volume of nutrients going into Lake George.
- Town of Hague: $230,625 for improvements to the Town’s wastewater treatment process, reducing the volume of nutrients going into Lake George.
- Town of Lake George: $657,028 for consolidation and upgrade of two of the Town’s sewer pump stations.
- Village of Lake George: $100,000 to complete a study on groundwater infiltration into the sanitary sewer collection system.
- Town of Ticonderoga: $30,000 for upgrades to the Town’s wastewater treatment plant’s HVAC system.
- Warren County Soil and Water Conservation District: $65,200 to stabilize roadside ditches to prevent sediment and debris from entering waterbodies in the county.
Your LGA included letters of support in the application packages for the Town of Bolton, Town of Hague, Town of Lake George and Village of Lake George.
We are always supportive of all of the good work done by the Soil and Water Conservation District.
Nearly Halfway To Match Goal
What a great response the LGA has had to our Menzies Match Challenge!
We are nearly halfway there in getting an extra $20,000 to spend on Lake George Water Protection in 2019 thanks to a challenge grant from the Menzies family!
A deep thanks to the many who have already responded! Can you help us reach the goal?
Let’s be clear: We know that this a difficult and uncertain financial climate for current investments and year-end financials.
But even with that understanding, you know that every dollar you donate to the LGA is invested in protecting Lake George – and for only the next fourteen days (including the rest of today!) your investment will be matched dollar for dollar up to $20,000!
Any amount you could donate will be protective. Can you help?
Don’t Forget: Get LG Clothing & Win A Blanket!
You can have the most unique gift… AND the Lake George Association will receive 25% of your purchase price to use to protect the Lake!
Atlas Drifts provides LGA members and friends with some great apparel that will remind you every day about what a gem our beautiful Lake is. These items are printed with a topographical map of Lake George and the surrounding watershed.
So if you are out for a winter run, heading for yoga, or just want to feel connected, you won’t want to miss this very unique clothing line.
See the full line of clothing (and other locations) at www.AtlasDrifts.com/collections/lake-george/
While you are showing off your swag, the Lake George Association will be investing YOUR 25% in protecting Lake George water. Use special code: LakeGeorgeAssociation when you place your order so we can get the 25% sent to us.
As a bonus, post a picture wearing your new apparel on our Facebook page and you will be eligible to win a special gift from Atlas Drifts: A fluffy Sherpa Fleece Blanket, perfect for a cool evening next year on your boat or for sitting by the fire!
The drawing for the blanket will be held at the close of business on Jan. 31.