Lake George is a magnet for boaters and anglers — one that regularly sees more than 15,000 craft registered with the Lake George Park Commission each year.
If boaters are not cautious, the cumulative effect of their actions could have a dramatic impact on Lake George water quality. If boaters keep clean boating practices in mind, their actions will be protective of the Lake.
The Lake George Association offers the following guidance to prevent pollution while boating, and shows you how you can do your part to protect Lake George water with these lake-friendly boating practices.
- Preventing the Spread of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Protecting Wildlife and Sensitive Habitat
- Fueling Cautiously
- Controlling Oil in the Bilge
- Handling Sewage, Pump-Out Locations
- Disposing of Garbage
- Boat Cleaning, Alternative Cleaning Products
- Boat Hull Maintenance
- Reduce Emissions
- Reducing your Fuel Consumption
- Boating Safely & LG Boating Regulations